Burning Earth Productions - The Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a few elz question

Go down 
+2
Chris Kroznuski
skembri
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
skembri
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:21 am

ok so will there be sounds like speaking??

if so what software ar eu using and who is doing this

what software are u using

and lastly

hii im skembri leaddere of the broken mirror v origins (BMVO) project

a member of the flashgate project

and the leader of a the legend project ( i no i have alot of work to be done but still its fun to be in multiple projects...)
Back to top Go down
Chris Kroznuski
Leader
Leader

Location : Attempting to dodge the nukes from whoever is bombing my planets on Sins of a Solar Empire...
Humor : Lemon pie.

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:03 am

Hey Skembri. Earth-Link Zero is going to be a fully 3d-animated movie using several programs:

-Animation Master
-Magix Music Maker
-Adobe After FX
-iMovie

Yes, there will be plenty of sounds; laser cannon fire, voices, every kind of sound you could imagine in a fully animated 3-d movie.
Back to top Go down
https://burning-earth.forumotion.com
higginsdj
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:10 am

The sound is being recorded by different people on different platforms with varying degrees of affordability Smile

A couple of us are using Pro Tools to record and process dialogue before shipping it to Chris. Some will use Audacity. I'm not sure how Chris will master his audio track (or if he will). He may just simply import our individual audio into AE or iMovie and 'mash' it that way Smile

Cheers

David
Back to top Go down
skembri
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:49 am

urm ok so heres what im getting at, the bmvo project needs people for their voices curently i have no specific hardware (besides the obvious phone) to record with, this means im streching out to members of the community....

basically if u wudnt mind lending your voice i will give the list of characters needed and pm the lines u need,

and then ur name will be enlisted upon the credits Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris C
Producer
Producer
Chris C

Humor : what is the matrix....?

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:05 am

higginsdj wrote:
The sound is being recorded by different people on different platforms with varying degrees of affordability Smile

A couple of us are using Pro Tools to record and process dialogue before shipping it to Chris. Some will use Audacity. I'm not sure how Chris will master his audio track (or if he will). He may just simply import our individual audio into AE or iMovie and 'mash' it that way Smile

Cheers

David

I'm still working on that one. To do lip synching in AM, every single line is gonna need to be a separate audio clip. Or, I could mash all the dialogue for a character in one clip, make single action for that character talking and in the chor, use the action crop range to determine what line the character says and when.
Back to top Go down
http://connexion.motionsforum.com
higginsdj
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:20 am

Yes, you can do it that way as well, but if outputting the audio through AM the best quality audio you can achieve is 16bit/44.1khz - CD quality only and that is assuming it is not degraded in any compression option you choose! Then you will import that clip and audio into say iMovie then output the final and potentially compress again.

An alternative is to lip synch to the audio but remove the audio from the clip then realign the audio to the clip in iMovie (or whatever you might use at the time to master the final audio/visual) This way you keep the audio as clean as possible.
Back to top Go down
skembri
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySat May 22, 2010 7:38 am

back to my question can an of u help me out with voices????
Back to top Go down
higginsdj
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:27 am

No - not me. I'm helping out Chris because he's helping out me on my own project.

For projects like this the important thing is not what you record the voices with but the environment in which you record the voices. Control your environment and you can make usable recordings with almost anything - even a phone.

You must have plenty of friends/classmates/colleagues who would be willing to put voice to dialogue. I found plenty of work colleagues wishing to volunteer for mine!

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Chris C
Producer
Producer
Chris C

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:23 am

Speaking of your project, where are you on that, I haven't seen anything from it since you decided to change the script
Back to top Go down
higginsdj
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:09 pm

The last I did anything on the project was about 2 weeks ago - the time my wife came on holidays. She goes back to work tomorrow so I should have my time back Smile

I'm happy with the changes I have made to the script (the relationship between the 2 characters) though the dialogue itself still needs a bit of work (feels a bit stilted in places). I finished modeling both character heads so now it is time to build their bodies. (I do dread the task of rigging them).
Back to top Go down
Chris C
Producer
Producer
Chris C

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:16 pm

do you have the current script up? If so, send me the link so I may see it, perhaps I can help smooth out some of the dialogue for ya
Back to top Go down
skembri
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:37 am

ok i have a question what decent recording equpment less than 100 bucks is there
Back to top Go down
higginsdj
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:59 am

USB Microphones are really your only option - but not sure if there are any under $100. Rode do the 'Podcaster' at $220 AU - no idea what you might get it for in $US.
Behringer C-1U $92AU
Samson C01U $125AU
Samson C03U $196AU
Blue Snowball ??

There are others - just check out the online reviews. One thing I have learned is that you will usually pay significantly less than Retail for audio gear (particularly in Australia). Always ask for their best price and shop around.

Cheers

David
Back to top Go down
Chris C
Producer
Producer
Chris C

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:48 am

the snowball (at least here) is about $100. It is a really good mic for general recording. I recorded something on a school computer once and of course the class was all loud and stuff and the mic pretty much only picked up my voice and not all the background noise.
Back to top Go down
higginsdj
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Thats what condenser mic's do but you still need to take care of the environment. It only appeared to not record the background only because you were likely up close and personnel to the mic. Condenser mic's are sensitive (particularly compared to dynamic mic's) and will pick up all sound - just at varying levels Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris C
Producer
Producer
Chris C

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:25 pm

oh yeah, i was just saying for his purposes it should be fine and for that price range will do a good job
Back to top Go down
skembri
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:01 pm

urm i can raise my price range to $200

and yer i live in australia, on the gold coast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
higginsdj
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Your pretty much limited in Australia. Not sure what music retail stores you have there - BUT - do not take their displayed retail prices. Some online sites I have used:

www.lamba.com.au (overnight delivery)
bavasmusic.com.au (charge through the nose for delivery)

Use the prices these guys charge as your baseline if you are shopping local/retail.

There are others - Turramurra Music and Camerastore.com.au I have not used them but they also have compeditive prices you can use for price matching.

I always recommend Rode Mics since they are Australian made but their only USB mic is above your threshold. (I have the M3, NTG-2 and NT1-A - but they are all XLR mics and require an interface as well - I have the MBox 2 Mini interface and a Zoom H4N digital recorder for field work. The Zoom also works as a USB interface - both have phantom power for the XLR mics)

Cheers

David
Back to top Go down
skembri
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:22 am

your very helpful Very Happy and y name is david Smile

but yer i was wondering the opinions of these softwares

sony acid

adobe auditions
Back to top Go down
higginsdj
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:36 am

Don't buy software yet. Many audio products come with fully working LE versions of either Pro Tools, Cubase or Ableton Live. Would be a shame to fork out more money if you didn't need to!

I've used neither of the products that you have listed but I know some VO professionals who use Adobe Audition.

Cheers

David
Back to top Go down
Leach54
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:21 pm

I (will be) using an XLR condenser mic + sound mixer around $150(doesn't include computer)

Output to 7mm input on my computer

I would love to help on your project once i get the stuff i need.
Back to top Go down
higginsdj
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:14 pm

So the sound quality is going to be dependent on the sound card in your computer then.
Back to top Go down
skembri
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:52 am

lol who sed i was paying annd.....

yer higginsdj it will
Back to top Go down
Leach54
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:31 pm

technicaly, yes. But sound quality is alway Dependant on the computer recording it. soo...
Back to top Go down
higginsdj
Recruit
Recruit

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:21 pm

No, sound recording is dependent on 2 things, the hardware recording it through (not necessarily the computer) and the software. When using an external interface one bypasses the computer sound card since the AD conversion is handled by the interface (ie when I use my Zoom Recorder or the MBox interface - you can think of them as external sound cards if you like)

If you are recording directly through your sound card and you have a lousy/poor quality sound card then you will get a poor quality recording. Your average sound card can be put in the 'poor quality' basket for audio recording and reproduction - BUT - 'poor quality' is subjective Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a few elz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: a few elz question   a few elz question Empty

Back to top Go down

a few elz question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next