Burning Earth Productions - The Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Choose a review series!

Go down 
+2
Chris C
Thingy
6 posters

Which review series do you want?
Strategy/Tactical
Choose a review series! Voteba1178%Choose a review series! Voteba12
 78% [ 7 ]
Adventure/RPG
Choose a review series! Voteba1111%Choose a review series! Voteba12
 11% [ 1 ]
Shooter
Choose a review series! Voteba1111%Choose a review series! Voteba12
 11% [ 1 ]
Japanese Visual Novels
Choose a review series! Voteba110%Choose a review series! Voteba12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Thingy
Black Guard
Black Guard

Choose a review series! Empty
PostSubject: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:18 am

I want to get more reviewing experience and english skills under my belt, so i am going to start a review series! I will take several games somehow connected to eachother and review them, i expect to have a review ready every month or 2 weeks, depending on my school schedule.

Now, i have found a few good games that could fit into a series. More details posted below.

Strategy/Tactical.
Men of War. Men of War: Red Tide. Civilization IV. Medieval II Total War.

Adventure/RPG.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl. Darkstar One. Overlord. The Secrets Of Monkey Island: Special Edition.

Shooter.
Frontlines: Fuel Of War. ARMA II. Star Wars Battlefront II. Half Life 2.

Japanese Visual Novels.
Kanon. Yume Miry Kusuri. One or two episdoes of Fate/Stay night. (Now this is the most interesting of all those. I've recently been introduced to japanese visual novels, and i'm loving it. Mostly... I'm so eager to review these i might even do one on the side if i have enough time. I am however not completely certain i'll review these visual novels, i might pick up another bunch)
Back to top Go down
Chris C
Producer
Producer
Chris C

Humor : what is the matrix....?

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:24 am

I say start with the strategy one. that would seem to me to be a genre that would require more precision in forthought in its creation process
Back to top Go down
http://connexion.motionsforum.com
Chris Kroznuski
Leader
Leader

Location : Attempting to dodge the nukes from whoever is bombing my planets on Sins of a Solar Empire...
Humor : Lemon pie.

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:27 am

I agree, go with strategy.
Back to top Go down
https://burning-earth.forumotion.com
Thingy
Black Guard
Black Guard

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Yes, making a good strategy game needs alot of forethought and precision. Unfortunately, some designers skip both the fore thought and precision and use a rock paper scissor system for the units, make numbers one hell of alot more important than good tactics or sometimes both.
Back to top Go down
Thingy
Black Guard
Black Guard

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:15 am

*Sigh* No one else cares? The poll will be over in 2 days.
Back to top Go down
Chris Kroznuski
Leader
Leader

Location : Attempting to dodge the nukes from whoever is bombing my planets on Sins of a Solar Empire...

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:16 am

You got 4 votes on strategy, so I'd suggest going with that.
Back to top Go down
Thingy
Black Guard
Black Guard

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:18 am

Oh, 4? I thought you two were the only that voted. Well, i'll get working on the Men of War review then, expect it to be up on monday in 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
janefoxclaw
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:26 am

I highly recommend Strategy for all the reasons mentioned above. One more thing, strategy games have a way of teaching you things in history and science. So do not underestimate the power of strategy vs. brain dead first person shooters.

Jane
Back to top Go down
Reaper(KF)
Recruit
Recruit
Reaper(KF)

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm

I've already voted for strategy.
Back to top Go down
Thingy
Black Guard
Black Guard

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 5:42 pm

@ Jane I dont think many strategy games try to teach you science, maybe real military tactics and strategies but not science. They do however have a huge war history education potential. Strategy games can teach you everything from the order of events of a war to how and why the 100 year war was started. But you shouldnt underestimate the potential of FPS games, they can show you the devastation war brings and the feelings of soldiers and civilians at a much closer and more personal level than a strategy game ever can.

And i've changed my mind, i'm going to review Civ 4 first instead of Men of War.
Back to top Go down
Chris Kroznuski
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Alfonze plays Civilization, though I keep forgetting what ones he has.
Back to top Go down
Alfonze423
Recruit
Recruit
Alfonze423

Humor : Eyyyyyy!

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:22 pm

I have the entire Civ IV series. If you need hands-on experience with it, I'll do my best to give you some.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choose a review series!   Choose a review series! Empty

Back to top Go down

Choose a review series!
Page 1 of 1